Thursday 7 April 2011

Le Thursday

So this will probably get a bit boring for anyone reading this as I think I'm going to try and keep a record of what I'm eating. I'm still trying to adjust to normal sized portions, I'm so used to eating like I'm eating for 1000 people so it's difficult! I don't think I'm doing too bad though!

For breakfast I had some rice crispies, I've got those little portion sized boxes so that I don't over-eat on cereal as I'm generally starving in the morning, they're very helpful! I also had an apple too :). Dinner was a bit bad, I had 2 ham and pease pudding sandwiches, but on that Kingsmill 50/50 bread so at least it wasn't white bread which is what I normally eat! lol! I had a packet of wotists, a four fingered kit kat and two munch bunch yoghurts as well. For tea I had homemade chilli (om nom nom! lots of fresh veg and mince was drained!) with white boiled rice :). It was yummy!

I guess I haven't actually done as bad as I'd thought, at least not when I compare it to what I have been eating in the past! So I'm proud. I have to be really careful though if I'm going to start keeping track of what I'm eating, I don't want to start counting calories again. Not a lot of people know this but I sometimes develop a funny relationship with food, when it comes to starting to lose weight I can often become too obsessed with it all. Like, I'll count every calorie, and I'll start measuring food, and skipping meals, exercising too much etc, and I know that just isn't healthy. Thankfully though, I can talk to Gemma about that so I don't think I'll be at too much risk of becoming obsessed as Gemma can keep my grounded! (By grounded I mean help me see that it's better to be healthy with slow weight loss, than rapid weight loss, and not actually keep me locked in the house :P)

As for exercise today, me and Gemma played on Wii Sports on the tennis, boxing and baseball, and while she went on the Wii Fit I went on the exercise bike. I had wanted to do at least 15 minutes, but I only managed two songs worth, which was only about 7 minutes. I'm not too disappointed though as I know you have to build up your exercise slowly, so it's great that I'm making effort to do so!

All in all, I'm feeling really positive this evening, here's hoping the rest of the week goes as well! :D

Wow, I talk a lot :P. Hehe. Chow for now dudettes!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Janine, just saw this link on my fb fab idea!!

    Great idea on the individual cereal boxes as its so easy to over estimate cereal (spesh when its yummy lol). Well done on the exercise as well!

    You can do it woop! xxxx

    Kate H xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks :). Hopefully it will help! I've failed so many times at weight loss so I'm hoping this is the last time I have to do it! lol!

    I love those cereal boxes,they're so cute :D.

    x

    ReplyDelete